!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

FEEDBACK

[Suggestions] System-wide dark theme setting for POCO

2019-01-29 04:50:05
141 1
These days dark/black themes have become the norm rather than exception in every app worth its salt. Youtube, twitter, telegram, android messages, twitch, discord; most apps are embracing the dark theme. Oxygen OS already came with one and Android Pie has their own, albeit a sketchy take on it. There are speculations of Android Q having a full blown system-wide dark theme. Whatsapp is rumored to be coming out with update. Apple is coming out with a dark theme for iOS13.
Even the PC arena isn't far behind with MacOS Mojave and Windows 10 having their own system-wide dark themes. Most developer applications have already been supporting dark themes much earlier.
Dark themes have their benefits of long battery life, as Google's findings show and also reduced eye strain.

With that being said, it's time now that POCO too should have a system-wide dark theme. It would be nice to have this implemented in a future update.
At the very least, an official dark POCO theme could be released which darkens all the system apps.

Having tried a lot of dark themes and each theme missing something or the other, I finally switched back to the default POCO theme. With most of my apps on dark mode, it is just the system apps and Xiaomi apps where the dark mode ins't there and I have consciously minimized my usage of such apps.

Android user's demand for dark system-wide mode has also increased (a whopping 95%) as seen in this poll by android police.

Hope, the POCO devs take a note of this and bless us with a native dark mode. Amen.

2019-01-29 04:50:05
Favorites RateRate
Yes!
Dark Theme is important for poco F1
2019-02-02 02:15:38