!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

PHOTOGRAPHY

[Tutorial] [Star Post Entry]Gcam 6.1 with Night sight for Poco F1 Oreo[Comparison of Hdr+ shots vs Night Shots]

2018-12-04 12:44:47
3029 8
     [Star Post Entry]

Hi, Poco Fam                                                                               

B-S-G(The guy who's the reason for Google Camera ports today) owns a MI 8. As POCO shares a lot in common, development on any device would contribute to both. These are exclusive releases for Poco/MI 8. So huge thanks to B-S-G
                  So I've installed Pixel 3 camera on my Poco F1 and there are 2 apks. One is having everything working except night sight and other port was released recently which enables night sight for poco f1 but works perfectly without any issues only on android pie roms i,e Roms like Lineage OS 16 and MIUI 10 android pie beta roms and that port even works with Miui 10 android oreo 8.1 which I've tried now but there are huge amount of bugs like camera app lags very much, Takes more time to take a normal photo or even more time for portrait images , video and Slo-mo videos are crashing and Night Sight Do work but the screen will become black where you can't see what's happening. But still you can capture the shots.

Coming back to night sight it takes around 15-20 seconds to capture a shot on Oreo builds of Poco F1 but the end results were just like magic. One more think I want to Share is, the camera app automatically  asks you to switch to night sight when you are in the dark environment. And The night mode even works with front camera which can really help you in taking selfies in very dark scenarios.  SO These are some sample shots from my YouTube video where I've compared the normal HDR shots with Night mode enabled shots. But I can Assure you that you can still capture night mode enabled shots on oreo builds

YOU CAN CHECKOUT THE FULL VIDEO ON HOW TO ENABLE NIGHT SIGHT ON OREO BUILDS HERE

Gcam 6.1 with Night sight for Poco f1

SAMPLE IMAGES FROM MY VIDEO -

Links For the App Ports-
1] Stable Gcam 6.1 with night mode enabled[for android pie roms
2] Stable Gcam 6.1 without night mode[for oreo builds]
3. Link to XDA page

Have a good Pocolicius day.

2018-12-04 12:44:47
Favorites1 RateRate

Top Cat

5198658926 | from mobile

Just a second after opening GCam. Frames start getting freeze in my poco
2018-12-05 21:13:28

Top Cat

Pran_J Author |

5198658926 replied at 2018-12-05 21:13:28

Hi, Sorry for the late reply and pls read the full thread where I clearly mentioned the Camera Port is for Android pie roms like Lineage OS 16 or MIUI 10 with Pie beta rom. But as I said The night mode is working with android Oreo builds also but it's too much laggy. So only I've Given the alternative link for Stable Gcam mod for Oreo builds You can Check it out. And thanks for the Comment. Have a good day.
2018-12-09 14:34:58
Tech Enthusiast

Top Cat

1625117272 | from mobile

I m on global stable miui 10 pie update by still camera freezing in normal and night mode. Does Poco launcher is creating problem
2018-12-11 21:28:50

Top Cat

1644884169 | from mobile

I m also facing the same issue.. im on global stable miui 10 pie update. When i open gcam, viewfinder is freezing
2018-12-12 08:55:44

Top Cat

Pran_J Author | from mobile

I m on global stable miui 10 pie update by still camera freezing in normal and night mode. Does Poco ...

Yep, I can understand The port became pretty laggy after the Miui10 Global stable update and I'm aware of it. Although the same port worked perfectly on Miui10 global beta. There might be some issues with this port but I'm sure the B-S-G or any developers will fix this issue in no time. And whenever I'll get the working port I'll update that here only. Cheers!
2018-12-12 11:32:21
Tech Enthusiast

Top Cat

I m also facing the same issue.. im on global stable miui 10 pie update. When i open gcam, viewfinde ...

Yep, I can understand The port became pretty laggy after the Miui10 Global stable update and I'm aware of it. Although the same port worked perfectly on Miui10 global beta. There might be some issues with this port but I'm sure the B-S-G or any developers will fix this issue in no time. And whenever I'll get the working port I'll update that here only. Cheers!
2018-12-12 11:33:18
Tech Enthusiast

Top Cat

2018-12-12 11:33:50
Tech Enthusiast

Top Cat

rohith kondlapudi | from mobile

2018-12-18 10:43:54