!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

PHOTOGRAPHY

[Discussion] POLL: Do you think that future cameras can go above 250-300 megapixels (MP) at max.? (READ BELOW)

2018-12-04 12:51:29
233 1
This is something that my Physics teacher taught me.
HE PREDICTED THAT CAMERAS CAN NEVER-EVER GO ABOVE 250-300 MPs EVEN IN THE FUTURE.

So here's his theory:

• You take a sheet of paper and a red bold marker and fill the sheet with dots using the marker. Remember, that you can ONLY MAKE DOTS in each step along the way because pixels are such.
  • Then, you take a finer-marker to fill the spaces between these dots.
  • Then, you take an even-finer-marker and fill the leftover spaces.
  • Then, you take a pen and fill all that's left.

Now, a time will finally come when you just won't have any space left to fill! You can't go beyond! The same stands for camera images too! You can fill an image with more and more pixels, but there will be a saturation point for sure, beyond which you can't go.

Another example:
  • You take a jar and fill it with sand. Remember that you have to cover-up/use each and every corner, and cover just all of the space.
  • Then you fill it with water.
  • Then you add some ink.

Now, you can't add anything more!
So, that's how I can say that camera tech will NEVER EVER go beyond 250-300 megapixels.

What do you guys think???????
Vote for your choice in the poll alongside this thread and comment with your thoughts.

- Pranav Balaji

Die-Hard POCO and Xiaomi Fan

Single Poll thread Total 9 Users Voted

55.56% (5)

33.33% (3)

11.11% (1)
Submit
2018-12-04 12:51:29
Favorites RateRate

Top Cat

1671493962 | from mobile

Cameras can go upto that pixel size, however such tiny pixels will require such type of sophisticated display screen to display such macro pixel details...Therfore, More the pixels captured, more the pixel allocation on the display is required!
2018-12-26 19:05:52