!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

GENERAL

[Q&A] Why POCO F1 doesn't come with stock android UI?

2018-12-23 11:28:44
497 11
Hi,

I am using zenphone Max Pro M1 (4gb ,64gb variant) which comes with stock UI and one of my friends has POCO F1 (6gb,64gb variant).I don't see much difference in day to day task in both the phones but poco F1 is way ahead in gaming .I am using Google camera in Zenphone Max Pro M1 ,So camera is not an issue.What I really do not like in poco F1 is notification window .MIUI has very bad notification management compare to stock UI.I really don't know why all custom UIs cut down basic features from stock UI?Will POCO F2 come with stock ui instead of MIUI ?
2018-12-23 11:28:44
Favorites RateRate

Top Cat

meawmnj | from mobile

Stock android is better at some things, but I have to say poco gestures are 10X better than Google solution
2018-12-23 15:28:59
Well it will be hard for them to come with Stock android. this is also because you will miss out on major features

Example

Oneplus One - Cyanogen Os had Theme manager - Live Lockscreen - Hey Snapdragon

When Oneplus Switched to Oxygen Os all those Features were Removed

Similarly If you Remove MIUI you will lose Theme manger - Slowmo 960 - and many more features which is sad. Then Cost to Develop a custom Os will be again high therefore it is better to stick with MIUI

Realme is another example they launched the phone with Color OS.
2018-12-23 19:16:40
https://forum.poco.in/thread-519-1-0.html

Top Cat

Abhitweezz | from mobile

NovinDavis
Well it will be hard for them to come with Stock android. this is also because you will miss out on  ...

Just one mistake bro operating system and custom/official rom both are different. Miui is not an os, it is a custom skin running on Android operating system. Google will provide android version and security updates but it will merge with miui custom skin.

Android is a mobile operating system (OS) currently developed by Google, based on the linux kernel and designed primarily for  mobile devices.

MIUI Development people make some changes in application layer and application framework layer only for better result in all conditions.

For better understanding see this chart.
2018-12-24 03:27:13
I really don't want stock Android at all. Like seriously to me it's garbage.

Google solutions to almost everything on android are usually of way lower quality than others OEM. Back on Kit kat, Sony created the Stamina mode for his phones which was amazingly good. Then Google created Doze which was crap, and Sony had to remove Stamina (the original version) because they caused troubles.

Doze was so crappy that people on XDA had to create Force Doze to make it work similar to how Stamina worked on Sony phones.

A similar case happened not so long ago, with Pie, Google thinks other people shouldn't be messing with the Android Engine theme, so they blocked on Pie and apps like Substratum stooped working, only OEM can make themes on Pie, and this is also why Samsung phones got a viral news about Samsung starting to charge you for previously free themes.

So please, don't, I really don't want stock android. Maybe and option to migrate for people that want it, but not as a general solution.
2018-12-24 07:36:57
Demian replied at 2018-12-24 07:36:57
I really don't want stock Android at all. Like seriously to me it's garbage.

Google solutions to a ...

True, People are obsessed with stock android. After you use it for few months you will find it boring.
2018-12-24 08:05:34
1584436588 replied at 2018-12-24 03:27:13
Just one mistake bro operating system and custom/official rom both are different. Miui is not an o ...

OxygenOS --- That is how Oneplus Markets their Custom Rom.
2018-12-24 08:06:55
NovinDavis replied at 2018-12-23 20:35:34
True, People are obsessed with stock android. After you use it for few months you will find it bor ...

Yeah, after you tried, you usually realize that you lost a lot of features that other company's put on their phones.

Stock Android is by definition and quite literally the most basic version of android, and usually the one that's more useless. And the few things they have better you can get them by ports on XDA. Maybe more speed and less apps pre-instaled is what most people want, but you can also get rid of those.
2018-12-24 09:56:59

Top Cat

Abhitweezz | from mobile

NovinDavis
OxygenOS --- That is how Oneplus Markets their Custom Rom.

That is misconception and eventually wrong. Recently one plus has shown an advertisement of there flagship phone Oneplus 6T where they shown no chin, totally bezelles phone but in reality one plus 6t have small chin down there. OxygenOs is custom skin over android and nothing else while it looks very close to stock android.
2018-12-25 00:19:18
1584436588 replied at 2018-12-25 00:19:18
That is misconception and eventually wrong. Recently one plus has shown an advertisement of there  ...

Well i kind of Dislike Oxygen os a bit having used them for 3 years now
2018-12-25 01:45:22
MIUI offer much than stock android.
2019-01-04 02:28:05